A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
November 27, 2020
Good Afternoon Residents, Families, and Team,
I hope everyone found time to enjoy some of the Thanksgiving Day. I wanted to send an update to you about the COVID-19 status here at Auburn Hill.
Because of both the presence of symptoms or known possibility of exposure, additional testing took place for a handful of individuals. We do have some additional positive cases here at Auburn Hill to report. Our current total is 3 positive residents (1 Memory Care, 2 Assisted Living) and 5 positive team members. The family members of the residents who tested positive are already aware. The team members who tested positive will not return to work until they have met their quarantine obligations.
We remain in contact with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) for any additional guidance or changes that need to be made here in the community. At the direction of VDH, we have converted N95 use.
The Virginia Department of Health is coordinating testing for all residents and team members with the National Guard. We are anticipating testing to occur on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. If the dates change I will send out an updated notification to you.
In the meantime, we will continue to screen residents and team members for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and proceed as appropriate.
I have received many incredible messages from families and I would like to thank you for the kind words of encouragement and support. We appreciate your care and concern. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Thank you and Take care,
Kelly Carter, Executive Director
November 25, 2020
Greetings Auburn Hill Residents, Families, and Team Members,
I wanted to send you an update on the COVID-19 status at Auburn Hill. We have completed a round of testing. In addition to the initial resident who tested positive, we have 3 team members and 1 Assisted Living resident who has tested positive. The family of the additional resident who tested positive has already been notified.
All individuals who have tested positive with the antigen/rapid test that was performed here at the community will be receiving additional testing to verify the positive results.
We have developed an isolation wing for residents with positive results. There will be team members assigned to provide care for only these individuals. In addition to this, there will still be the option for families and friends to face time with these residents.
Additional/Repeat testing will more than likely be necessary at this point. We will be working with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) on the next steps in this process and will keep you informed as soon as possible.
Due to the positive cases here at Auburn Hill, and our attempts to minimize any exposure, we strongly discourage any outside appointments and/or visits at this time. If you have any questions about appointments you may have coming up, please contact Tammy Carter, Director of Health and Wellness at 804-901-7807.
We continue to monitor all residents and team members for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Private dining visitations, communal dining, group activities, and salon services will remain restricted until further guidance from VDH and changes to the COVID-19 status at Auburn Hill.
If you have any concerns or questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We will continue with the recommended and best practices in place to maintain the highest health and safety measures for our residents as well as provide current updates. I wish everyone a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving.
Take care, and thank you,
Kelly Carter, Executive Director
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Auburn” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to families and team – 11-23-2020
- Auburn Hill Executive Director to families and team – 11-18-2020 (pdf)
- PS Salon- Celebrations
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter 11-2-20 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families – 10-19-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director letter to residents and families 9-4-20 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Letter to the families – Covid Positive Letter – 08-09-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to Families – upcoming testing – 07-10-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to families – update on testing – 7-3-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – COVID-19 Letter Regarding PPS 6-30-2020(pdf)
- AHS Executive Director Letter to Families 6.23.2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families 5 14 2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4_21_2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Update – admission hold 4_6_2020(pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update April 3 2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Dear Residents and Families – 3-6-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions