A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
July 10, 2020
Good Evening Auburn Hill Families and Friends!
In an effort to keep our residents and team members safe as possible, I wanted to let you know that I have been in communication with the Department of Health and the National Guard today. They plan to be here on Monday, July 13th at 9 am to conduct resident and employee testing. So the next few days we will be working on getting everything in place that they will need when they arrive.
The next steps after this will depend on test results. There has been some guidance about a second round of testing 14 days after our initial testing date. I am still working with the Department of Health on clarification of that guidance for Assisted Living environments. Once we have clarification on this, and after test results have returned, I can better speak to when our first phase of reopening can occur and what it will look like. I know this is a long process, but I feel it is in the best interest of the residents and team members to do whatever is needed to keep them safe and healthy.
With that said, I want to assure you of a couple of things. First, we have developed isolation plans within the community should we have positive cases here at Auburn Hill. These plans accompanied by any additional guidance from The Department of Health will be implemented should we need them, and communication with families and residents will occur. Second, fortunately, we have continued to acquire PPE supplies during this pandemic so the team has what they need to provide care should we become COVID positive. Inventory is monitored so we can keep an eye on what may be needed. In addition to this, we have formed a relationship with the Central Virginia Healthcare Coalition that has supplied us with PPE in the past, and will change our prioritization should things change here.
I continue to have daily phone calls with the Park Street Living team and the other communities. This has been very beneficial for continued support and allows for a daily review of our community and any new guidance that comes out which as you can imagine, happens frequently.
This is a stressful time for all involved and we know that being away from your loved ones this long can create anxiety. I can say that this would be even more stressful if we didn’t have such wonderful families that continue to support us. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you so much for your support and patience. Have a good evening and take care of yourselves!
Kelly Carter, BSW, LNHA
Auburn Hill at Swift Creek
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Auburn” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to Families – upcoming testing – 07-10-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to families – update on testing – 7-3-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – COVID-19 Letter Regarding PPS 6-30-2020(pdf)
- AHS Executive Director Letter to Families 6.23.2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families 5 14 2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4_21_2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Update – admission hold 4_6_2020(pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update April 3 2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Dear Residents and Families – 3-6-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions