A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
May 14th, 2020
Dear Residents, Families, and Loved Ones of Auburn Hill
First, on behalf of my team and myself, THANK YOU for the ongoing patience and support as we continue to keep everyone safe. I am proud of our team and maintain our words that we have the “best residents and families” here at Auburn Hill.
A special thanks to everyone that participated in the Mother’s Day parade. We had 30 cars of family and friends! Our Director of Activities, Ashley (and team), worked hard to make this happen, and I applaud her creativity and efforts. As you saw, we had a lot of happy residents.
As you might have heard, Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia signed an Executive Order Sixty-One that provides a detailed framework for the first phase of the “Forward Virginia” plan to safely and gradually ease public health restrictions while containing the spread of COVID-19. (Full Guidelines- Safer At Home: Phase One)
We continue to follow guidance from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Chesterfield Department of Health has been here to ensure that our processes and protocol are current and in place. We want to thank them as well for their continued support.
I wanted to take a few minutes to explain what this means for Auburn Hill and our residents. We will continue to hold the safety of our residents as high priority as well as maintaining the understanding that our seniors remain as the most vulnerable population. At this point, we have to keep our restrictions and processes in place. We understand completely you are missing your loved ones, however, we feel keeping these essential measures in place will continue to keep our residents safe with the hope one day soon to ease back into our normal life.
We do recognize that family contact and involvement are essential during these times, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our families and residents engaged.
In the meantime, we will continue video chats and patio visits. Please contact the concierge at 804-456-4455 to schedule time with your loved one.
I look forward to family visits and building on the great community we already have! Thank you so much for everything. Your support means so much to us.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly.
Stay safe and healthy!
Executive Director, Auburn Hill Senior Living
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Auburn” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families 5 14 2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4_21_2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Update – admission hold 4_6_2020(pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update April 3 2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Dear Residents and Families – 3-6-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions