A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
September 4, 2020
Hello Auburn Hill Residents, Families, and Friends!
I wanted to take the opportunity to provide you with some updates. As you know, we have resumed to lunch in the dining room with two sittings and one activity. We are so happy to be able to provide more socialization for everyone here.
With that said, starting next Tuesday (9/8), we would like to resume all three meals in the dining room. We will also be utilizing space in the pub and the private dining room. There will be one sitting for each meal. We are looking forward to returning a piece of a “normal” routine here at Auburn Hill. In addition to this, we will be adding another activity. So there will be 2 activities scheduled twice a day for residents to sign up for.
The next couple of weeks will determine what other restrictions are lifted. We are exploring the possibility of opening the salon pending no changes to our COVID status in the community. We are also exploring the possibility of visits within the community. Although we will not be at the point where visits can occur in the resident’s apartment, we are looking at options for a more centralized place in which visits can occur with the residents. It will be important for us to be able to manage and mitigate traffic flow, in addition to tracking visitors and for monitoring purposes.
Again, I know that none of us dreamed that this would be as long of a process as it has been, but it is in the best interest of our community to take it one slow step at a time in order to keep everyone safe.
Please continue to schedule your visits, it is nice to see your friendly faces! And as a reminder, video chats remain an option as well.
I wish all of you a Happy Labor Day weekend and as always, thank you for all of your support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
Kelly Carter, Executive Director
Auburn Hill Senior Living
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Auburn” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- AHS Executive Director letter to residents and families 9-4-20 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Letter to the families – Covid Positive Letter – 08-09-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to Families – upcoming testing – 07-10-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – Letter to families – update on testing – 7-3-2020 (pdf)
- AHS Executive Director – COVID-19 Letter Regarding PPS 6-30-2020(pdf)
- AHS Executive Director Letter to Families 6.23.2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families 5 14 2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4_21_2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Update – admission hold 4_6_2020(pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update April 3 2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Auburn Hill Executive Director – Dear Residents and Families – 3-6-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions