We’re well into 2023 and maybe you’re like many others who are still struggling with getting back to healthy eating.
We’re here to help you. Here are some easy steps to get you back on track and reset your eating habits.
- Be intentional about your meals. Slow down and eat deliberately. Don’t rush. Take your time and enjoy the food and your company at the meal. Taking a deliberate approach will also help your digestion system by not overwhelming it and stuffing yourself.
- Don’t overdo it at night. Avoid big desserts or snacks late in the evening. When you go to bed too full, you may suffer from indigestion, heartburn, and other issues. As far as timing, finish eating two to three hours before you go to bed. That gives your body time to digest the food and you won’t be battling the feeling of being stuffed.
- Water is your friend. Try starting your day with warm water and add fresh-squeezed lemon juice. You may want to sip it through your day. Replace your cup of morning coffee with the lemony drink and have your coffee at least an hour later. Another good tip is to sip on fresh green tea before and after meals. This helps your metabolism and digestion.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruits, vegetables and even plant-based protein are great sources of nutrition and also can help clean out toxins in your kidneys and liver. Apples, berries, pears, dried fruits, nuts, dark green vegetables, sweet potatoes, and other fruits and vegetables are great choices. They also make great snacks!
- Consider fasting intermittently. Eating during an eight-hour window of the day is a great way to help your body cleanse. If you need to work up to, start with a 12-hour fast such as 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Then you can work up to 14 hours, or 16 hours.
- Don’t skip the movement. Regular exercise such as walking or jogging, swimming, yoga, pilates, or other exercises are great for both your body and mind. The movement stimulates your muscles and boosts your mind. Whether it’s fresh air outside, dance, simply stretching, lifting weights, or other physical activity, it’s a great way to start your day or to work in exercise during the course of your day’s activities.
A CARING-FIRST ENVIRONMENT
Senior living communities like Auburn Hill Senior Living are precisely that—a community. Residents become friends and even family, and a caring team is there to help them maintain their quality of life.
At Auburn Hill Senior Living, we offer both Assisted Living and Memory Care and we care with Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Residents first and Teamwork. We like to call it Caring with H.E.A.R.T.™!
If you believe a senior living community would benefit your loved one, get in touch with us. Schedule a tour or download a brochure today!